Use this step to motivate your students to learn the Curwen hand signs with you.
Make various motions for them to copy, always using both hands and intermittently mixing in the Curwen hand signs. This step doesn't involve any talking or singing. The following ideas should take about 35 seconds.
Smiling throughout, say, "Please follow me".
- Place palms on your cheeks
- Touch hands together over your heart
- Make the Curwen hand sign for low do
- Touch your shoulders with the tips of your fingers
- Place your hands on your knees
- Cover your ears with your hands
- Make the Curwen hand sign for so
- Touch the top of your head with your hands
- Make the Curwen hand sign for fa
- Make the Curwen hand sign for ti
- Point into your mouth with your index fingers
Continuing with added sounds and do re mi pitches:
- Sing and sign the Curwen hand sign for so
- Place hands on your hips
- Sing and sign the Curwen hand sign for mi
- Wiggle fingers under your chin
- Sing and sign the Curwen hand signs for so mi
You've just started singing "Daily Do", and you have the attention of all your students. Continue to the next step.