All the games are uniquely designed so students learn to be supportive of each other rather than competitive. The structure of the games encourages them to work together for a common goal rather than trying to win by calling out an answer first, collecting the most points or winning simply by having the luck of the draw.
As teachers and parents play the games following Michiko's guidelines, they too can enjoy an experience of joyful and natural, playful learning. Everyone relaxes, enjoys each other's company and realizes that everything is within their reach. Students have time to learn in an environment where everyone wins.
Our games help students to...
- Be empowered to learn rather than be taught
- Relax and learn faster
- Feel a sense of progress and accomplishment
- Enjoy repetition, which is fundamental to learning
- Learn to follow directions
- Develop quick and dependable memories
- Work in groups in a non-competitive way
- Not expect gifts or rewards for right answers
- Learn to figure out answers again if necessary
- Respect their teachers and fellow students
Our games help teachers to...
- Personally relate to students
- Evaluate comprehension and track progress without testing
- Hold students' attention
Our materials work with our games to engage all learning strengths
Perhaps a child who is fussed over gets a feeling of destiny; he thinks he is in the world
for something important and it gives him drive and confidence.
- Dr Benjamin Spock