Music Mind Games Unit 1 is a "must-have" book for teachers and parents worldwide who are helping students learn music theory and gain music literacy skills. This book is brimming with inspiration and creative ideas to enrich lives with 100 unique and ingenious games. This wonderful method is the result of nearly 50 years of game development by Michiko and the students she has taught. This is Michiko's third book (#1 in 1979 and #2 in 1992).
- 25 colorful pages of philosophy, teaching tips, Cornerstones, and Fairies
- Over 750 photographs and original graphics
- 13 original scores
- Teaching, Memory, Classic, Solitaire, and Review Games
- Game subjects: Dictation and Sight-Singing, Alphabet and Intervals, Reading Rhythms, Rhythm Math, Staff and Notes, Tempos, Music Symbols, Scales and Key Signatures, Triads and Chords, Musopoly
* The book Music Mind Games Unit 1 and the Music Mind Games Handbook are two different publications and complement each other. Teachers and parents will want to own both. The handbook is available separately and also included in the Puppy Packet.
Although the concepts in this book were created during pre-pandemic years, the games can easily be adapted for all situations, including virtual lessons and classes as well as individual play.